Friday, July 3, 2009

24 hours in Memphis...

Last Friday Jordan and I took a quick trip to Memphis to see Wicked!!! I was so excited and had very high expectations. Let me just say that my expectations were exceeded! It was so amazing...the music, the costumes, the story, the performers. They were all incredible! It was really a beautiful show and also very funny! We both laughed and I of course cried. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack. If you get the opportunity to see this wonderful show, do not pass it up!!! You will never look at the Wizard of Oz in the same way again!

Here is a pic from inside the Orpheum, right before I got in trouble for using my camera inside! That big dragon was scary!
On Saturday morning we got up and headed out for breakfast, then walked around for awhile. We went down Beale and then sat at the Peabody watching all the people. While we were eating breakfast we saw a really tall guy and his entire family all decked out in Grizzlies gear. Jordan got on his phone and looked up who the new players were and he was one of them! Then, later at the Peabody, we saw two more super tall guys in Grizzlies gear. We saw all 3 of the new players that weekend! Jordan was excited!
Here's Jordan trying on a silly hot dog hat in a weird store on Beale.
On the rooftop of the Peabody...
Right before we left town on Saturday, we headed down the alley to my favorite BBQ restaurant, Rendezvous. If you have never been there, you have to go, just for the experience. The restaurant has been there for years and years! This was Jordan's first time. We were stuffed when we left!!!
So, that was our 24 hours in Memphis. We had a blast! It was a great way to celebrate me being done with my third year of medical school!!!

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment